- Does Gelish® require a Base Coat?
- Does Gelish® require a Top Coat?
- Do we need to cleanse the Gelish® Top it Off?
- How long does Gelish® last?
- How long does it take for Gelish® to soak off?
- Does Gelish® cause any chemical damage to the natural nail?
- Can Gelish® color be used over traditional gel or acrylic?
- How many applications can I get in one bottle of Gelish® color?
- Do you need to use additional Gelish® Top it Off to make the manicure shinier?
- Is the Gelish® Soak Off Gel Remover drying to the skin?
ANSWER: Yes, Gelish® Foundation Gel is new technology for gel adhesion. It is designed to create the bond between the Gelish® Colors to the natural nail plate. There is no primer necessary in this system.
ANSWER: Yes, Gelish® Top It Off, is a soak off gel top coat that seals the Gelish® Gel Polish but does remove. Top It Off cures under UV or LED Lights and has a long lasting high shine.
ANSWER: Yes, this product does require cleansing after curing. It will be sticky and appear not to be dry if this step is skipped.
ANSWER: Gelish® will last until you soak it off. Gelish® does not peel, chip or fade, it performs like a GEL. Will provide up to 21 days of lasting color.
ANSWER: Gelish® will soak off in 10-12 minutes.
ANSWER: The Gelish® system uses only a pH balancing agent to stabilize the moisture level of the nail. Then the Gelish® Foundation Gel has adhesive properties that attract to the keratin in the natural nail, not causing any depletion, only acting as a 2 sided tape to adhere the Gelish® Gel Polish to the nail itself.
ANSWER: Yes, it can be put over traditional gel or acrylic as long as it is being applied to a rough surface filed with a 100 grit Harmony buffer or a 180 grit file. Remember, you cannot soak this off acrylic without removing the nail itself.
ANSWER: Most Gel Polish applications include a 2 coat application. The 15ml bottles will produce approximately 30 – 35 full-set applications.
ANSWER: No additional Gelish® Top it Off is required to make your manicure shinier.
ANSWER: The Gelish® Soak Off Gel Remover is in the acetone family, but also has conditioners in it to eliminate drying of the skin or cuticles.